Sunday, April 26, 2009

i once was lost

this morning we had to get up at 3:45 am to make a 5:40 am flight home. although we had packed the night before i suddenly remembered i hadn't seen our car key. for our car at the indianapolis airport. we checked everywhere. we couldn't find it. when my husband travels he normally puts his personal car keys in his laptop bag. since i was there he gave them back to me. to put in my purse. i put them in my coat pocket. i never do that. and i will never do it again. because i couldn't find them. so, i call my mom. because we don't have one of our cars. we have hers. because she took our kids back to midland with her in our van for the week. and our other car decided to stop working the morning we were leaving and it was at the shop. after we landed in denver my mom called with a locksmith number that has 24/7 service. we called. they could apparently make a key while we wait. right there at the car. it would cost less than renting a car and having to drive back to indianapolis with a spare key. barely. he told me the technician would call me when he was on his way. and he would be there at 3:30 pm. well, this was just working out too perfect. because when we landed i turned my phone on and just then it rang. locksmith guy asked me a few questions and said the technician would be out shortly. and he would call me before he got to the airport. the next phone call i received was locksmith lady. now the technician can't get out there so soon. it will be another two hours. she said i may want to call another locksmith. because i have an indianapolis phone book in my purse. i explained my situation further but all i got was the you are going to have to wait two hours. if that were me on the other end i would have opened up a phone book and provided some additional numbers. it's called customer service. so, we got our bags from the baggage claim. thankfully, not cut in front of at this airport. and i opened my bag one more time. to check my coat pockets. and there was the key. i must have missed it in the wee hours of the morning. at least we know that if you lose your keys a said locksmith can make you a new one. while you wait. even at the airport. but you have to wait. and wait. we got the call from the technician. finally. at seven o'clock. while we were pulling out of the bank. in edwardsburg. michigan. in our own car.

No comments:

Post a Comment