Monday, June 1, 2009

an apple a day

you may have noticed i have been away. disappeared. just like that. with no warning. or maybe you didn't. i lost my mojo. a few weeks ago while i was at wal-mart something happened to me that had never happened before. and it scared the hell out of me. i was dizzy. i wanted to get sick. i had hot flashes. i felt like i was going to pass out. it was so bad i almost called my husband to come and rescue me. and i have been seeing spots. for a long time. and i have been coughing. still. since january. so, after the episode at wal-mart, i immediately diagnosed myself with a brain tumor. and given the length of time i have been coughing and seeing spots i decided to go to a real doctor. but i had to find one first. and you know this didn't go smooth. the first doctor i called didn't have any openings until late june. the next doctor wanted me to call my insurance company to see if the doctor accepted my insurance. uh, i thought that his office would know that but apparently not. no need to tell you that doctor was in indiana. at my wit's end i chose a doctor in niles. that got me in today. i only had to wait over the weekend to diagnose how many days i had to live. and get the tickets purchased for new zealand for whom ever was going. i was a bit skeptical of the doctor. but she is the best doctor i have ever had. ever. she actually wanted to work. and look into some options. after she diagnosed me with an inner ear infection and allergies she asked me if i thought i had cancer. i laughed right. out. loud. as i said yes she chuckled. we hit it off pretty well. and she treated me like i was her only patient of the day. and i knew i wasn't. so, i have started back up writing as i am feeling pretty good even after only one evening of medication. i started the blog back up on the tenth of may and have filled in some days along the way. i will continue to back date and fill the blog until it is up to date. thanks for tuning in. it is not a toomah.

2 comments:

  1. I did get a big worried, you were gone so long.. Thanks for filling us in:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you good! I still have a stupid cough since Jan too. Of course I think I have lung cancer, but probably just a allergy too.

    ReplyDelete