Wednesday, February 17, 2010

do over

i don't even remember what day this even happened. all i know is that it was the worst pain i have felt. ever. even if i was in labor and had a kidney stone. at the same time. i would know. i have had both. but never together. i think it was a week ago. or so. i had a pain in my abdomen. one like i have never felt before. and it kept getting worse. to the point i couldn't stand it. and i have a high threshold for pain. my abdomen was so full. of what i didn't know. and there was a sharp pain on my lower left side. that didn't go away. i couldn't even bend over. or even think about bending over. so, i went to my doctor the next day. she was uncertain. she sent me to the hospital for an x-ray. and i am not sure if it was because every step i took i wanted to die. or every time i got in and out of the car i wanted it to run me over. but it must have been pick a technician off the street day at the hospital. the blood technician had someone in the room with her. to make sure she was doing it right. i wasn't in the mood. the guy that came to take me in for the x-ray must have had a stroke. and he was the one that knew more than the guy preparing me for the x-ray itself. i wasn't in the mood. the last time i felt anywhere near this was when i had a compacted colon after sophie was born. the x-ray came back clean. my doctor thought i may have a cyst on my ovary. funny. my sister just had one a few months ago. but my doctor wasn't sure. so, she wanted me to wait until thursday to come back in if i was still in pain. it was tuesday. if i was still in that much pain by thursday i would have jammed a screwdriver in my abdomen. but later in the day wednesday the pain was slowly dissipating and eventually came to a dull roar by thursday afternoon. and then just went away. so let's try this again. see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment