Tuesday, February 10, 2009

now hear this

our carpenter is in town. again. i think our garage will be done this week. wishfully thinking. as you know, my dad cannot hear. and wears hearing aids. but not when he wakes up. this morning i am eating breakfast in my bedroom. waiting for the kids to wake up. i hear my dad yell for me. i run out into the living room. he then goes to ask, scratch that, yell for a towel. as i make my way to the towels he then tells, scratch that, yells to me about the full moon he can still see. he then asks if he takes a shower will that wake the kids up. i said no. but i am thinking what does wake the kids up is his yelling. because he doesn't have his hearing aids in his ears. and the simple activity of him taking a shower does not wake the kids up. it's when he drops his soap in the shower and feels the need to yell holy ba-jesus, god damner, god damner. my wife ran off with my carpenter's hammer. no, i don't have any idea what the means. except that is what wakes up the kids.

1 comment: