Tuesday, December 22, 2009

if the shoe fits

while we are on the subject of laundry. and getting divorced. this is a real gem. now this is when we were very first married. like in the first month. because we were still in my old apartment. my husband had moved to where i lived and took a job for the sake of having a job and it was about an hour and half to drive one way. but it was a job. so it made for some early mornings. most of those mornings he had already been showered and gone before i even got out of bed. as it was time for me to get dressed i reached for a pair of underwear. the said underwear was not only inside out but it was also not folded. why is my underwear clean, inside out and not folded in my underwear drawer i wondered. because my wonderful husband of about two minutes had done the laundry. i was furious. i was so furious i could not wait for him to get home. already. the day dragged on until i received a phone call in the afternoon. it was my husband. on his way home from work. i immediately asked him why my underwear was not only inside out but not folded. without one second of hesitation he replied that he didn't know something that small needed to be folded. and that, my friends, was the end of the conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment