Sunday, May 3, 2009

dead dog walking

it was our last morning with sully. his little rat bastard self was carted off to his foster home today. i bawled. i bawled the entire way there. i bawled the entire way back. i am bawling as i type these words. as you are aware this little son of a bitch was a thorn in my side. for five plus years. until it was time for me to leave him. when i went out to the car to bring in his overnights bag, yes, plural, at the foster home he waited at the door for me. like he couldn't hardly believe i would leave him. after all of these years. figures. he knew the jig was up. but that is just the way he is. i actually really loved this dog. really.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you felt and still feel!! I'm so glad though that you went thru with it:) Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete