Tuesday, January 13, 2009

and another one

tonight we were reading snowmen at christmas by caralyn buehner for the 1,098,341,572 time this week (yes, it's only tuesday) and on each page, somewhere hidden among each illustration, is a rabbit, santa face, brown mouse and a tyrannosaurus rex. well, it took us some time but we know just about where all of them are hidden now. perhaps it's because we are just a little familiar with all of the pages. it takes us what seems like eternity to read this book because will has to point them all out. on. every. single. page. and there is actually another book in this series. that we have also have read 1,098,341,572 times this week. so, we started to point out other things on the pages to keep it interesting for us parents. we get to the last page and jay points to a snowman and he asks will what is on the snowman's head. will replies with ear muffins. god, i love this kid.

1 comment:

  1. I love ear muffins and spaghetti and meatbulbs. I miss those days of inventive vocabulary. One of my favorites from my middle son was when i was in the hospital having my third son and the middle one told my mom when he came to visit that "He just loved coming to the hop-a-doo'.
    I assume that you do own the book 'Snowman at Night'? Ask will what he thinks the snowmen do at night. I'd love to know what he thinks.

    ReplyDelete