Sunday, January 4, 2009

sunday, bloody sunday

i usually only make one post per day. unless it's real special. ah, sunday mornings. i love sunday mornings. it's my time. i go get groceries. i run errands. i know it is a day of worship for most but this is my church. i reflect upon many things on sunday mornings. i also get great deals on the bargain cart from the bakery. so, i am off to get groceries this morning. i am loving life. jamming to a michael jackson and paul mccartney duet. yes, on the oldies station. but dualing banjos was not far from my mind... i spend an hour at the store gathering goodies for the upcoming week. by the way, is it just me or is the time one spends picking out the most pristine apples one by one wasted as the cashier is oblivious to the care one takes in picking out these apples that are not bruised only to throw them down and into a bag? anyway, i go to pay and they need to see i.d. well, remembering that i went to the sos a few days ago i coudn't remember where my license was to save me. no, mom i did not put it back where it belonged. so, i said i didn't have it. oh, and today i got friendly cashier to make matters more helpful. she says i can't process it. i am thinking to myself i spend 150 dollars in your store every week and you won't just hit the button to say it is me. it's not like she has to take a picture of my i.d. nope. i have worked in customer service for over a decade and do you know how far an 'i apologize for the inconvenience' will get you no matter what the situation?! she said not one word other than she couldn't process the order. i even asked if i could go get my vehicle registration and insurance. nope. i said i was sorry that i didn't have my license and i guess i will have to leave the groceries here. i understand they have policies but how lucky could one person be to steal a purse and a car on one sunday morning all before nine o'clock? on my way out i dug a little deeper into my purse and i found my license. i got the groceries in my car and off i went. i am a sucker for old guys but sam you are banned. say, say, say wal-mart, you just got my last dollar. and yes, i put my effing license back in my wallet.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Another non-Wal-Mart shopper! We stopped buying there about 4-5 years ago, but for different reasons. Don't give 'em another red cent!

    ReplyDelete