Tuesday, March 3, 2009

while mom's away

the carpenter is here to stay. he was graciously volunteered by my mom and myself. i had a few appointments that i didn't want to drag both kids to so it was the lesser of two evils. today i was getting sophie ready for her doctor's appointment and my dad was watching will. i use the term watching loosely. we have a kitchen that has two wide open entrances to the family room. at any given point in the day will is running laps. my dad's pet peeve ever since i can remember is running in the house. i gave up on will a long time ago about running in the house. the last thing i said to him about it was i didn't want him crying to me when he fell down and got hurt. this morning on his 6,507th lap my dad asked will if he was walking. as will ran past him he told him flat out 'no'. didn't miss a step. i chuckled. and then i heard my dad chuckle. i think we were both thinking the same thing. well, he wasn't walking and that's what he asked him. after i returned from the doctor's office i fixed will some lunch. my dad was bringing some tools up from the basement and on his way out the garage door my dad said, 'whore.' speaking to the ladder he had in his hands of course. so will pipes up and says, 'it's whore outside'. hey, the poor kid comes by it honestly is all i have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment