Monday, November 23, 2009

hello pot. it's kettle.

will has a temper. i have always insisted he use his words. instead of kicking. hitting. and making weird noises. at the top of his lungs. the other day was no exception. he was standing in front of the cabinet below our tv and he went into one of these fits. after asking him twice to use his words he refused. so i put him in his bed. where he spends his time calming himself down. and i don't have to listen to him. when he is done he usually calls for me. or as of late, he just gets out of his bed by himself. this particular time when he got up he actually told me what happened. as his lip was quivering he held up his big toe. sure enough, part of the nail on his big toe was bent back. we have a tie to keep the cabinet doors shut but there is a little play in them. he must have caught his toe nail on one of them doing something he wasn't supposed to be doing in the first place. and got mad. so, instead of using his words and taking two minutes to solve the issue we were now going on a half an hour. and now sophie is doing it too. man, that girl is nothing but theatrics. not hard to believe. my husband's mom had a temper. my husband has a temper. i have a temper. and my dad has a temper. i was just reminded of this very fact the other day when my sister mentioned the taco incident. we ate as a family. at the dinner table. at 5:30. i sat across from my dad. and my sister sat across from my mom. every night. i honestly don't know how my mom did it. she worked part-time until i was a sophomore in high school and then went full-time. and she always had dinner on the table. unless my dad was out of town. and then sometimes she took us to arthur treachers fish and chips. my mom is the bomb. anyway, one of those nights we were having tacos. my dad is quite meticulous. even with tacos. he had just finished placing his taco fixings in his soft shell complete with a few shakes of tabasco sauce to top them off. now, we all know that if you don't fold in one end of the taco all of the fixings fall out the opposite end you are putting in your mouth. and that's exactly what happened. the next thing you know my dad is furiously mashing up the rest of the once intact taco with his hands while we all just stared at him. and his taco. that was now a salad. wanting to laugh. right. out. loud. so, i have to admit they both come by it honestly. and, for the time being, i will just pass on introducing them to the taco.

No comments:

Post a Comment