Sunday, November 8, 2009

a new bff


friday morning we went outside to play. nothing unusual. until i discovered a woolly worm crawling across the woodchips. oh, this ought to be good. i drew the kids' attention to the woolly worm. after all, it was one of my favorites growing up. and, let's face it, they beat bigfoot. after repeated warnings not to touch, jab with a stick or step on the woolly worm i thought they had gotten the message. sophie was most interested in smooshing it. will was most interested in talking to it. i don't think he took one breath while talking to his newest bff. a whirly worm as he likes to call it.

will: hi, my name is will and this is sophie and this is my mommy. are you my new friend? i can share with you. i have a stroller, a wagon and a bike. do you like my shoes? they're new. where's he going? what's his mommy doing?

me: i think he is going home.

will: he's going home? is his mommy making mac and cheese?

(i don't know where will gets the mac and cheese thing. i don't cook it that often. and he doesn't even eat it anyway.)

not five minutes later his newest bff was dead. he stepped on him. will forgot to watch where he was going.

will: where did i step on him?

me: all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment