Wednesday, November 18, 2009

i don't know's on third

my husband's name is jeremy. he goes by jeremy at work. but at home he goes by jay. and all of his friend's call him jay. or jaybird. before we got married i was living in grand rapids. and he was living in midland. after he bought my engagement ring he called my parent's house. he wanted to show them the ring. before he gave it to me. and this was the conversation:

jay: hi, bill. this is jeremy (we don't know why he said jeremy. he was probably just trying to sound formal). i have something to show you. i just wanted to know if you would be home so i could bring it over.

my dad: yeah, we'll be here (hangs up the phone).

my dad (looking over at my mom): i don't know who the fuck jeremy is but he's coming over.

true story. verbatim. and every time i tell it i laugh. right. out. loud.

1 comment: