Friday, January 8, 2010

spot on

the other day when my mom and i were at salvation army i was not kidding when i said we were there for over two hours. the funny thing is that when we got home my mom made the comment that we hadn't even looked at the linens while we were there. seriously. the woman does not need any more linens. of any kind. every summer in my hometown, where my parents still live, they have an antique show. three times a summer. we usually hit every one. and most of the time we meet up with my mom's friend pegs. and her daughter-in-law. none of us need a thing. but just in case we go anyway. my mom and pegs like to look at linens. every. single. one. of. them. at least it seems like it. there is nothing wrong with it. it just all looks the same to me. one time pegs was looking for a tablecloth. she found one. my mom and her unfolded it. held it up to the light. folded it. unfolded it. held it up, well, you get the picture. they finally found one. with no holes. no fading. or stains. until it was lunch time. we all got a hotdog. with relish. ketchup. and mustard. we found some seats in the bleachers. and began to eat. we are usually all famished by this time. and didn't pay attention to the fact pegs had put her prized tablecloth laying at the top of her bag. that she sat between her legs. the perfect place for a drop of mustard to land on from the end of her hotdog. and so it did. after all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment